Q: How do I use my Perfect Wine Opener?
- Remove foil, exposing cork.
- Push outer ring to the top of the clear guard.
- Insert needle into the center of the cork applying enough pressure to make sure the tip of the needle passes through the cork.
- With one hand, hold the body of the wine bottle (not the clear guard) and begin to pump with your free hand.
- With typical results, your cork will begin to move within 5 pumps. During the upward motion of pumping your cork should begin to slide up and pop out.
- Slide the ring down pushing the cork off the needle.
- Pour and enjoy!
Q: Should the needle pierce completely through the cork?
A: Yes. The needle should puncture through the end of the cork, allowing the tiny hole near the tip of the needle to pressurize the bottle.
Q: Does the wine opener work with plastic or synthetic corks?
A: The Perfect Wine Opener works with real and synthetic corks but the actual performance of the opener may differ based on the specifications of the cork - material, length, diameter and density. The opener is designed to open full bottles of wine. This opener is not designed to open sparkling wine or Champagne.
Q: How do I clean my wine opener?
A: Wipe clean. Do not submerge in water.
Q: When using the wine opener, how many pumps does it take before the cork pops out?
A: With typical results, your cork will begin to move within 5 pumps.
Q: My cork just popped out and made a loud noise. Is that normal?
A: Yes. This opener pressurizes the bottle to pop the cork out and sounds similar to opening a bottle of Champagne.
Q: Can I open a bottle of Champagne or sparkling wine with my Perfect Wine Opener?
Q: Do I hold the clear guard while pumping?
A: No. Firming hold the body of the wine bottle (anywhere under the shoulders, where the clear guard sits). Holding the clear guard may prevent the cork from popping out.
Q: How do I remove the cork from my opener:
A: Push the outer ring towards the tip of the needle, pushing the cork off the needle.